« Home | ...underwater photography? » | ...full coverage of the second Penang trip? » | ...lagu baru and RED 104.9? » | ...badan aku sakit2? » | ...selalu terbayang2 bila la aku nak pegi bercuti ... » | ...masa tak pernah cukup? » | ...aku suka ambik gambar? » | ...little update? » | ...more food reviews? sebab aku suka food! i love... » | ...2003 US Open results? both of my top favourit... »

...its about to get technical?

WARNING! today's entry contains some techno-bable, and for that i am sorry!

hmm... to me today i've achieve on of the first in my life. i've successfully installed a web server! and the fact that i do NOT have ;

1. a static ip
2. a server with a public ip (mine has a private ip behind a router)

stil i got through all it! and all software and services i got off the web are completely free! i am pretty happy with myself. yesterday i bought this cheapo internet sharing router cum 4 port switch. really cheap rm200. its a SMC7004VBR router. physically its a basic, 4 autosensing LAN port and 1 WAN port for my ADSL modem. as i said physically-basic, but this router has very good firewall utilities build-in! features that would normally exist in thousands of dollars worth routers! setting up very easy! well actually it not even susah just that i never thought setting everything up is so very easy!!! and free!!!

i am doing all this because i feel that my buddy's server in uk is unreliable! so have to take matter on to my own hands and set up a server myself. the router also support direct ip mapping so i can access a server within my private LAN from WAN (internet). and registered with dyndns.com for dynamic dns mapping. they will keep a mapping table of a user friendly DNS name avalable so that it will all point to my server's IP. now my server IP would change regularly, coz streamyx only offer dynamic IP whit is not a big deal to me. a way through that is by using dynamic dns and install a software on my server to inform dyndns.com everytime streamyx change my server's IP.

well sorry guys, saja nak tulis pasal benda2 yg aku baru test ni. another thing i am so much into networks, personally and professionally. networking is my job. it what i love to do. and apparent what i do for a living. after my degree went for microsoft's certs, MCP, MCSA, MCSE coz i though i need some cetification of my knowledge in Win2k. since i've done the software side of thing, gotto move on the hardware side ie. routers and if it can only be one, it always gonna be CISCO routers! now i am much more interested in network so now i am in traning for my CISCO certs, which are CCNA and CCNP... am enjoying every minute of it!

so hey if anyone has any query on networking issues... please give me a buzz will try to help u out or i will try ask around and get some possible solution.

About me

  • I'm AdamIsmadi
  • From KL, Malaysia
  • 3°10'30.83"N
  • 101°43'59.24"E
  • Just a non-complicated kinda guy trying to keep it simple but can be a bit of a control freak too at times. Sometimes just like things done my way and am not afraid to speak my mind. Also somewhat of a geek when comes to technical matters.
  • adamismadi(@)gmail(.)com
My complete profile