« Home | Financial planning screwed! » | Confession? » | Grohe Grohtherm 1000? » | Bathroom extravaganza? » | Another site revamp? » | Going off for a short trip? » | Blade Trinity? » | Still not asleep? » | TGI Friday's for dinner? » | Redesign the layout? »

Valley of the 30-something?

Sigh... Well, I am glad that my time has come to turn 30 years old end of this month. Not that I have any issue regarding my age. It is just a number right? Yeah right! What I cannot ignore is other people's perception of me, especially my parents and siblings. Turning 30 soon and still no signs of settling down with a great girl, make babies as soon as possible... Any as usual I threw the same old reasons,

1. my flat is not yet ready (though it will around end of 2006)
2. even my eldest bro is still not yet married! And he is 37 this year?!
3. I am not financially steady yet
4. I am concentrating on my carrier now

That's about it really. My parents are not the pestering type, or at least they don't do it too much to me. I do feel that they are very accommodating to my needs. I do love them to bits... My bro (I have 2 bros, this is the other one) once asked me to introduced him to my girlfriend and then I replied that I have none. So he casually says, well, even if I have boyfriend introduced him laa... I was somewhat shocked by his forwardness... but again I played it cool and tell him off from talking such non-sense.

I enjoy a very tight relationship with my siblings and parents, albeit I have kept the burning secret for so long... Don't get me wrong here... I do want to settle down with a girl, get married and keep this whole side of me in the closet. I have made the decision long ago, I want to get married. The question is just when... when will I be brave and ready enough to take on this matter. Time will tell...

I have watched this one movie that I cannot recall the title anymore... its about a guy coming out to his dad... He had a terrible time coming out but right at the end of the movie, he sat in a small boat with his dad fishing, just the two of them. Suddenly his dad said, "Son, life is like a game of poker, you will just have to try your best to play the hand you are dealt with."

It's a great movie... or at least to me it is... I just could not recall its title.

Hey, Valley of 30 something guys, sounds like somebody stole it from Carrie Bradshaw, HAHAHA!

yeah, guilty as charged!...
hehehe...

Ada satu lagi yg aku remember: "Bay of Married Pigs"

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm AdamIsmadi
  • From KL, Malaysia
  • 3°10'30.83"N
  • 101°43'59.24"E
  • Just a non-complicated kinda guy trying to keep it simple but can be a bit of a control freak too at times. Sometimes just like things done my way and am not afraid to speak my mind. Also somewhat of a geek when comes to technical matters.
  • adamismadi(@)gmail(.)com
My complete profile