« Home | Panthers on the prowl? » | Lessons on Economy? » | Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire? » | Feeling crappy?! » | Just Like Heaven? » | Exorcism of Emily Rose? » | My City clocked 10,000km? » | The Tamarind, Sentul East? » | Drive (Acoustic Version) - Incubus? » | New commenting system? »

Cycles ahoy?

First the flood in New Orleans, then, crude oil price hike... Afterwards it seems that someone had opened the Pandora's Box!

The aftermaths :

1. Gov. slowly releasing the fuel subsidy from just over RM1 to now RM1.62 per liter! And now fuel price held till end of the year. Come 2006, it will rise and continue to rise! Such great news to begin the new year! Sigh...

2. Tenaga (TNB) our main electric source has pushed the gov. to increase the electricity rates! I think its just a matter of time before the gov. green light this!

3. Gov. said it acceptable for housing developer to increase their property prices due to the increase prices in fuel and cement!

4. Zeti (Central Bank governor) said that the central will hike up their interest rates! So watch out...

5. It seems that more and more motorcycles are on the road! Which brings me back to main question... Cycles?

A few month back i've contemplated on getting a motorcycle licence, all due to the hike on fuel price. I really felt the pinch on my wallet these days! I've had a driving licence since 18! And have been driving cars for more than 10 years. Never had the opportunity to drive a motorcycle not even riding on it as a passenger. Why? My mum made me promise to never-ever do it, riding/driving or have anything to do with motorcycles. I think she knows well enough of the dangers involved with motorcycles.

Then, I've asked a few of my colleagues on their thoughts on this. Me getting a motorcycle licence to save some money commuting to work. I got a majority NO votes. Some of their friends has perrished due to motorcycles accidents, most are new mototrcycle driver that has been driving car for years, just like me. Hence i banished the thought.

A friend of mine was involved in an accident yesterday, he was driving his scooter back from work. A car suddently just banged his scooter from behind and he fell and yet another good work pants gone... that is his 3rd this year! Luckily its only a pair of pants, hmm... that is just the thing with driving/riding on 2 wheels. Your life actually depends on other motorists (be it motorcycle/car/lorry/trailer/tractor drivers!)

Imagine, u might be riding your bike/scooter happily with the appropriate speed on your designated lane and all of a sudden a car driven by some guy who has his mind wondering on what to buy for his girlfriend's birthday tomorrow, unintentionally slammed your rear wheels. Will the jolt of the accident throw your body forward or across the road to on-coming traffic? Would a securely fasten safety helmet help? God knows... I am glad that my friend did walk out of the whole incident in one piece. To me asking someone to drive/ride their bike safely will just not suffice because most of the time, it is not their fault in the first place!

Seems that i've shared the same strong opinions on motorbikes with my mum. My advice for my buddy, is ditch the scooter. Drive your car instead, your life is more precious than the attempt to save a buck or two.

things happen for a reason mah..yes..i know riding a scooter is a very dangerous thing..but given the limitation of it, sometimes one has to live with it.

exactly... i agree. sometimes one just don't have a choice eh? i do tend to be too idealistic at times! :-) u take good care now!

yes, you are too idealistic...but then again, its only normal ;)

i am only a simple guy mah... just can't help it! hehehe...

- interest rate just increased, my BCB loan now got 6.25% BLR + whatever-percent-they-charge

- TNB will get the tariff hike w.e.f on 01/01/2006. Somebody in Petronas Finance Dept mentioned this, supposedly incognito (so what am I doing here, really?)

- pasal harga minyak, no more comments. I hope everyone understands how it works (sneak preview: Petronas FY04/05 payment to govt RM33b, total fuel subsidy est RM18b for 2005)

yeah the BLR hike is kinda expected,...
the interest rate is at all time low now!
pasal minyak... sigh... i have to move to seri maya soon and ditch my car at home, commute via putra LRT!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm AdamIsmadi
  • From KL, Malaysia
  • 3°10'30.83"N
  • 101°43'59.24"E
  • Just a non-complicated kinda guy trying to keep it simple but can be a bit of a control freak too at times. Sometimes just like things done my way and am not afraid to speak my mind. Also somewhat of a geek when comes to technical matters.
  • adamismadi(@)gmail(.)com
My complete profile