« Home | Buffet, buffet, buffet? » | Numa Numa Dance? » | My first MMS post? » | New look? » | Valley of the 30-something? » | Financial planning screwed! » | Confession? » | Grohe Grohtherm 1000? » | Bathroom extravaganza? » | Another site revamp? »

Eden Seafood Village, Jalan Raja Chulan?

I think the new place looks great a double storey restaurant with steep steps up to the upper level for the buffet. Lower level is meant for a la carte dining. Once entering the restaurant you are displayed with lobsters as big as my arms! Nope, this is not for the buffet! Have to head upstairs for the buffet. It cost RM58++ per person I think, me not too sure because I am not paying. Heheheh...

1. The food
a. Not a big buffet spread, variety is kinda limited.
b. They have the Mixed Rice Section, nothing to shout about. Even the dendeng daging is not up to par, I find it taste more like rendang daging then dendeng!
c. Some prawns on the menu, prawn salad, fried prawn with chili, and sweet sour prawn. All OK-ish lah...
d. The star of the buffet is the Fresh, fresh, fresh oysters. Eden is quite well known to be a seafood restaurant and the freshness of its oysters and they are thawed to perfection. I hate having oysters that still partly frozen. Yuck!!!
e. The roasted lamb is also fantastic…. Succulent, soft, tender, juicy!!! With the mint sauce its divine!!!
f. They also serve dim sum... only a few variety but enough for me. I am quite the dim sum addict and to get good halal ones can be a pain! Their’s are kinda too dry because I think its being prepared much much earlier. But as I said good enough for me la...
g. Drinks – Soya, Air Tebu, Sirap Ros, The Tarik.
h. Some processed meat and salads...
i. The do refill the buffet item regularly, never once I can see an empty dish on the buffet table, its always filled! Good job!

2. The ambience
a. Some LIVE traditional music played. Gamelan stuffs... Very soothing I felt. Not too loud just right...
b. The seating in the restaurant is quite sparse. I think very comfortable lots of room around the table.
c. Presentation of the food again typical buffet look with a few stalls scattered around serving the roast lamb, bbq fish, cendol, ABC, char kuey teow, etc etc,
d. The waiters are pretty efficient and attentive on clearing the used plate quickly. I really like this.
e. The restaurant has not one but two surau! Large and clean with flip-flops supplied!

As a whole, I think Eden is a good place for the buka puasa buffet, apparently there was like 2 table full of Chinese customers munching away the buffet spread. Hehehe... Its all good, just that for RM58++ is quite steep, I think.

Final Verdict = 7/10

About me

  • I'm AdamIsmadi
  • From KL, Malaysia
  • 3°10'30.83"N
  • 101°43'59.24"E
  • Just a non-complicated kinda guy trying to keep it simple but can be a bit of a control freak too at times. Sometimes just like things done my way and am not afraid to speak my mind. Also somewhat of a geek when comes to technical matters.
  • adamismadi(@)gmail(.)com
My complete profile