« Home | Thirty, flirty, thriving? » | The Axis Residences? » | Pics from Nelayan Seafood? » | Nelayan Seafood Restaurant, Titiwangsa? » | Corus Hotel, Jalan Ampang? » | Note to self? » | Eden Seafood Village, Jalan Raja Chulan? » | Buffet, buffet, buffet? » | Numa Numa Dance? » | My first MMS post? »

Al-Nafourah, Le Meridien?

At last the review, one of the most expensive buka puasa spread this year. Made headlines on some local newspaper. Al-Nafourah is an Arabic restaurant with strong Lebanese and Moroccan influence. The do not offer any buffet but instead they have 3 set menu for buka puasa, RM95++, RM110++ and RM125++ per person. We had the RM110++ menu. All the while I knew that Arabic food is nothing to shout about, most are rather tasteless, soggy, mushy, colourless, bland to the very extreme!

I am just intrigued on how can they charge RM110++ per person for an Arabic set course meal. Futhermore, I am not the one paying, hehehe.... so will give it a shot! The verdict,

1. The food
a. Oh boy plenty plenty of food! It was a 6 course meal and we only got through it in 3 complete hours!
b. Nothing to shout about of the food... nothing really special. No weird stuffs like lambs' head or the sorts. Hehe...
c. But every ingredient is cooked to perfection. The chicken wing is so succulent and tender! With just one shake the meat will fall of the bones without even breaking apart! And this is simply perfect perfect perfect....
d. The lamb is cut into bite sized chunks and is so very lean! No fat at all! Plus it is so tender would squish it by using only your tongue! Again perfect perfect perfectly cooked!
e. We started with various types of Arabic breads/pita and the likes.
f. Course after course until I could hardly breathe before getting to the main dish!
g. They offered Tamarind juice and Rose Syrup... nothing truely exotic there. Though I think the Tamarind juice is kinda unique...

2. The ambiance
a. Indeed the restaurant is truely special. Once I stepped inside, I could totally imagine myself being transported to somewhere in Morocco!
b. With the delicate colourful mosaic tiles on the walls, the stained glass on the windows and sliding doors.
c. Thick dark wood beams are placed onto the ceiling and everything else in made of the same dark wood truely giving the exotic myterious feeling.
d. I asked the waiter what Al-Nafourah mean and he said it mean spring-water or some form of water fountain.
e. A lead singer with a quartet of musicians played countless arabic songs throughout the dinner. Fabulous! Though it would be more exciting if they had a belly dance show afterwards. Hehehehe... but I guess that's just not classy enough for Le Meridien.
f. We had 2 dedicated waiters attending our table of 14 people. They were very attentive. Love it!


In the end, the whole experience is so refreshing until I felt as if I just had a quick/instant Arabian holiday escapade. The food is yeah typical arabic feast, no truely exotic ingredients, but it is simple and cooked to perfection! Plus I think the Arab do love the sheer quantity of the served food, it is a hell of a lot! Though the asking RM110++ is kinda too much for the food alone but if I factor in the Arabian holiday escapade feeling into the picture, I think it does seems quite resonable!

Verdict = 7/10

anyone owns a Merz can get 15% discount on selected food at Nafourah during KL Gourmet Festival later..

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

hehehe... tried to edit my own comments but apparently i cannot do that! so writing it again.
any way... how one prove of owning a Benz? by showing them the car keys i suppose... hehehe..... :-)

wa..cannot edit ke?
dunno la adam..perhaps if i just borrow my dad's benz pun..diorang x caya kot..heheh

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm AdamIsmadi
  • From KL, Malaysia
  • 3°10'30.83"N
  • 101°43'59.24"E
  • Just a non-complicated kinda guy trying to keep it simple but can be a bit of a control freak too at times. Sometimes just like things done my way and am not afraid to speak my mind. Also somewhat of a geek when comes to technical matters.
  • adamismadi(@)gmail(.)com
My complete profile