« Home | An elastic Waja? » | Work work work? » | Part I, Bathroom? » | BRCP tonight? » | RED 104.9? » | Ikea Madness? » | A'Famosa Water World? » | On holiday? » | Havanna, Cuba? » | Aeonflux? »

Bathroom continued?

I always wanted to buy these lit up mirror for the bathroom. But most cost around RM1000 a piece! Sigh.. Instead I bought the IKEA mirror bathroom cabinet. Its kinda cheap RM149 each but comes without any light source. I need to some how fix some soft lighting on the sides of the cabinets to make it perfect! hehehe... I think this is not too difficult to do. And have to somehow fix in a small bulb inside the cabinets as well.

Colour schemes : Blue and green are 2 good accent colours to be used in a bathroom. Both are cool calming colours. It should always be monochromaticly... never use clashing colour ie hot and cool colours. Avoid using too much dark shades of the colour in a bathroom. It will make it look cluttered, small and dirty. Base colour should always be white or shades of pale beige. This will give it the clean look.

My design cues for the bathroom is modern/contemporary. I think I will use some mosaic tiles in the shower area. Maybe blue for the 2nd bathroom and green for the 1st bathroom. Avoid using tiles with patterns, it will look messy. Most people now do use mosaic silver cloloured tiles, for a more modern look, with a steel/aluminium sink for a more industrial look.

If you would want to free up more space in your bathroom to make it seemed bigger, mount everything on the wall. Make sure nothing touches the floor! Use a free standing wall mounted sink (above pic). Plus use the wall mounted WC (below pic). It will be very easy to clean the floor! Hide every single piping and if possible the flush tank in the wall.

My 1st bathroom has an open plan layout, and luckily it has a glass shower screen by default. Which is great to 'open up' the bathroom which I feel is kinda tiny. The timber strip flooring (above pic) is a no-no for our Malaysian usage plus the humid weather do not help! One thing I cannot stand is a wet toilet/WC floor. I absolutely hate that! The floor has to be dry, dry, dry... this is not a public toilet!

goshhh high taste. tak per kalau banyak duit. labur untuk keseronokan diri bagus...

Entah laa Adi, mmg macam ni?! duit bukan nya bnyk pun... tapi nanti akan adjust2 laa... tu laa nak carik pokok yg berbuah siling emas ke... ok gak tu!

Jeles!!!

Hhahaahaaa :D

AMboi!! Canggih sungguh Madi... cant wait to see everything intact in their places then... he he he

best nyer. i plan to put a urinal place in my ground floor bathroom. ala2 men's toilet that can be shared. hehehe.

Good to see you are doing your homework way ahead of time. Good quality bathroom accessories you've gotten there but thats just one part of the equation!

Having seen savanna myself, start saving a bit just to redo your bathrooms ya ;). Trust me, to have what you've evisage will definitely requies some additional moolahs.

Teringat the excitement when I bought my current house. Beriya buat renovation to the best....

If this isn't the most metrosexual taste in bathrooms, I don't know what is :-D

Post a Comment