« Home | A'Famosa Water World? » | On holiday? » | Havanna, Cuba? » | Aeonflux? » | Gentle Yoga? » | True Fitness? » | Proton should perish? » | My Hump? » | All hung up on Hung UP? » | Cycles ahoy? »

Ikea Madness?


Yesterday morning, I got up early as if I'm going to work. Why? I just have to be in IKEA before 9.30am. They actually opens at 10am, but since I sort of knew that Ikea sale's can be a bit crazy at times, so I opt to go there early.

I wanted to buy the Recken Mirror Medicine Cabinet for the bathrooms, I need two of these. Normal price RM279, now RM149. Before going there I text my bro and sis, and both need 1 each, so a total of 4 are needed. I reached Ikea early 9.15am. Went in around 9.30am and there are already 4 or 5 aunties and uncles queuing. I was telling myself, are they so kiasu or what? Its like 30mins before opening and they have started the queue?! So I sat around the Ikea Cafe to wait... After 15mins more people came, hence, I jump in the queue.

One old auntie wanted to cut queue in front of me, I simply told her NO! So she just quietly stand beside me! So kiasu this auntie. In the queue I overheard them aunties and uncles talking about the PROMPT cake/baking pan that is also on offer that day. They are really looking forward for that, so a sigh of relieve because perhaps I can just get the mirror cabinets in peace.

At 10am, the open up the barrier into Ikea, everyone start RUNNING! yes, aunties, uncles, ladies and guys... running for the RM6 cake pan! They are pushing each other at the starting line, its like a race! This is a complete madness, as if some frugal Ikea monster possessed them to get as many of those pans as they could!!!

I overheard one auntie (in her 50s) told her friend afterwards with a bruised arm, saying, "Someone hit me and I manage to get one only!?" She was looking rather shocked, well, hell, I am shocked as well! I never thought it could be so crazy!!! Some took like 30 of those pans, only god knows what they are gonna do with them? As Christmas ornaments perhaps? I was told that the pans was soldout with in 15sec after opening!

I, on the other hand did ran to get my 4 cabinets, I was the second person to get there, another guy beat me to it! hehehe.. but there are plenty of the cabinets around though I think it still will not be enough for everyone. As the saying goes, "The early bird catches the worm."

After getting what I need, I went straight to A'Famosa Water World...

huh...you are mad! hope you got what you want.

wauu bestnya kat ikea lama betul dah tak ke sana..well dapat ke apa u nak!! ni kiranya kaki ikea gaklaa..best of luck ..best gak entry u ni!!!

Ikea...what so special about the name...it's just a brand...mesti mandrum banyak

Jangan cakap MADNESS di sana , Madi. Di S'pura pun macam gitu... kiasu teramat sangat!!! Kalau ade sale sebesar IKEA tu... mereka2 di sini, tu sanggup bermalaman di depan pintu IKEA untuk barangan yang mereka hajati.
I wished I could join them and be apart of them... I just want to have the feel on how is it like to be in the queue early and rush in when they start opening the door for the day big sale !! tolak menolak.... jerit menjerit.... lari berlari.... Thrilling kan !!! Nampak macam best gitu !! *senyum

adi, yeah i got the mirror cabinet for both bathrooms. yippy!

asmadi, laa dah i am one of the IKEA Friends members. So they will tell me whats on sale and when... join ah sekali FREE shj...

FRQSTR, nothing special about IKEA, brand murahan, but still amongst all that mass produce crap, they do have some good stuffs. u just have to pick and choose la...

telunjuk, gila nak tido depan IKEA? that is just crazy, crazy, crazy... sini org tak tido depan pintu laa but most people will get an annual leave on 1st day IKEA annual sale! hehehe... i take leave every year for this preview sale!

i pun pergi ari tuh..tak nampak u pun,opsss...i bz berebut pan ngan auntie2 kot,abis kasut prada i kena pijak...sentapp!u tak nampak i ke yg ala2 vogue lagi meletop ari tuh?ahakss

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm AdamIsmadi
  • From KL, Malaysia
  • 3°10'30.83"N
  • 101°43'59.24"E
  • Just a non-complicated kinda guy trying to keep it simple but can be a bit of a control freak too at times. Sometimes just like things done my way and am not afraid to speak my mind. Also somewhat of a geek when comes to technical matters.
  • adamismadi(@)gmail(.)com
My complete profile