« Home | My Hump? » | All hung up on Hung UP? » | Cycles ahoy? » | Panthers on the prowl? » | Lessons on Economy? » | Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire? » | Feeling crappy?! » | Just Like Heaven? » | Exorcism of Emily Rose? » | My City clocked 10,000km? »

Proton should perish?

There i was doing my weekly grocery shopping at my favourite store, TESCO, picking up the kitchen towels, facial tissues, canned sardines, eggs, bread, urgh... yawn... all the boring stuffs... then while queuing up to pay, an old college-mate of mine suddently appears.
I always avoid encounters from the past but he had the first move, I didn't get the chance to slip away. I hardly know him in the first place!

After the uncomfortable 'How do you do' session...
Then he said, "Where do u work now?"
I replied, "In Bank XXXXX HQ in KL"
With a surprised face he said, "Hah? Oh, I see... the Malaysia's Favourite bank...."
he goes into a long pause before continuing to say, "... NOT!!"

Does he really need to insult the company I work with? Is that necessary? I do wonder why, maybe he gets a kick when doing that. Now my turn, he apparently still works with Proton since he graduate like 5 years ago!

I said, "Proton made the headline making quite a loss and only just the first quarter!? Whats up?"
He defensively said, "Well honestly I think its PR move, delcaring a loss in Q1 for only to surprise everyone of the huge profit in Q2!"

My, my... some people are so delusional, they even lie to themselves for comfort! Proton is nose deep in shit and its all of their own making. The parties that had made gazillion bucks for the past two decades have already cash-in their chips! Whats left now are just pile of junk left unsold in their stockyard.

Proton has been lying through their teeth, cheating in every possible way to get hold of low to middle level income citizens of their hard hard earned salary! Their QA & QC standards are the joke of the industry. The ISWARA, sold as one of their first model is still available in the market after 20 plus years!? Satria, Wira, Waja, Perdana, Putra are all sold with useless/unwanted engine parts and technology of yesteryears from Mitsubishi. Even Mitsubishi has stopped selling the old rotten engines to Proton now!

I always tell my friends, if Ksatria Badja Hitam (a translated japanese series, the guy has a grasshopper-looking bike!) had a car, this just might be it, its the err... I cannot seemed to recall the name of this gosh ugly van. Proton... oh yes.. Juara! Definitely not a winner there! You just have to be blind to actually buy this grasshopper-looking box!

Please don't let me start to talk about Gen2!!! Jammed doors and windows, boot fail to open and connot close, alarm gone crazy... if u think that u life is just too problem-free, this is just the car for u. PERFECT!

The indistructable, dinasour-proof Savvy is not even worth writing about.

Please do not say I am not patriotic. I absolutely respect Perodua, they made the right move with Daihatsu and produce good quality cars. My first car was a Kelisa and had it for 4 years. I never had any problems with that baby of mine. I really love the Kelisa, a perfect small zippy car, fuel efficient, perfect for city use. The MYVI is something to be proud of. LED break lights, ABS + dual airbags, optitron speedometer, signal lights on side mirror, foldable rear seats, DVVT engine, all of the very latest in technology.

I just think its time for Proton to call it a day. And please stop buying protons, they are just some cheap junk with wheels. When you dash board squeaks and rattle u will curse often and spent some much time at their service centre while waiting for their incompetent service personnels to tell u that there is NOTHING wrong with the dashboard of your car! Next time if u own a proton and the dashboard squeaks/rattles just count your lucky stars that at least u can still open the door! Come to think of it u might be better of buying a wheelbarrow, at least there are no doors to open!

Ops... back to guy I met in Tesco. He is just a loser for defending Proton, but he is an even big loser by staying in Proton!

I've decided its not productive to fret over the pest. I should have sprayed him all over with Shieldtox the second i saw him! Hehehe..

In the end, as I was leaving, he asked for my business card, I had none left in my wallet, so he handed over his to me. He insists that I emailed him with my email address. So I politely took it and on my way to my car, his card totally slipped off my fingers and went straight into the trash bin where it belongs.
Ooppss...

It's so irritating isn't it? How people you're not close with enquire your emplyer and then proceed to complain about it! Do we look like the customer care hotline to you?!! Even if our company has a bad reputation also we hae some pride for who we're working for okay.

Sheesh. I agree with you about Proton, of course. Just like a certain national airline, it's the second start-ups which are doing well.

But your "friend" really takes the cake la...PR move? To declare a Q1 loss so can have a huge Q2 profit? So the stock takes a plunge and then can rise back up issit? Please tell him to stick with repairing stuck "kononnya automatic windows" and rattling dahsboards.

of all their problems laa.. the most well known is their notorious power windows! :-)

1.i always avoid my schoolmates if i bump onto them..unless they're my close frens la..heheh..

2.Hopefully the new fella Syed Zainal will change Proton..:)

My Wira's dashboard rattles sometimes, especially during hot weather (?). I cursed it when it happens, and it tends to go away. RM46K and finishing my payment Dec'2006, not too bad, considering engine tak pernah rosak. Then again, the engine is Mitsubishi's, but the power window + dashboard + autolocks come from nepotized Bumi vendors. Screw'em.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm AdamIsmadi
  • From KL, Malaysia
  • 3°10'30.83"N
  • 101°43'59.24"E
  • Just a non-complicated kinda guy trying to keep it simple but can be a bit of a control freak too at times. Sometimes just like things done my way and am not afraid to speak my mind. Also somewhat of a geek when comes to technical matters.
  • adamismadi(@)gmail(.)com
My complete profile