« Home | Happy 2006? » | Merry Xmas! » | Nikki M'sian Idol? » | My Havanna's Progress? » | Bathroom continued? » | An elastic Waja? » | Work work work? » | Part I, Bathroom? » | BRCP tonight? » | RED 104.9? »

Attending Weddings?

Of all the things my parents forced me on doing, attending weddings is the one I hate the most! Sigh.. Why are we always forced to attend such ceremonies? I had to put on a fake smile until my cheeks turned black and blue of cramps!

There I was right smack in the middle of Kampung Baru. Parking is an absolute nightmare! The house is boxed-in by the main road, Safuan Plaza, a market, a mosque and some other buildings. I know the piece of land is worth millions, but how could he be living there still? Felt seriously claustrophobic! Since I am there by force, I simply know what I should do. Had my forced fake smile on and went on greeting all of the aunts and uncles while answering that old rotten aweful question, "How is everything?" A very heartless and sweepingly generic insincere question. Should I sit them down and gave them a detailed rundown of my personal and professional life? Nope.. I am actually pretty good at this now. I simply said "Everything is good!" not forgetting my fake smile thrown-in for good measure. Hehehe..

The wedding of my dad's cousin's daughter I suppose. I don't even know who she is! I'm just guessing because I saw the bride came out of the house before the couple's sickening slow-mo parade while some mad teenagers banging their life's frustrations out on to those damned 'kompangs'!

I've seen her father once or twice at my parents though. I should count my lucky stars really, because it could have been worse if I came along with my parents. They will automatically start introducing me to every single soul they come across. As if I'm some vintage avant-garde haute couture piece or something...?

I purposely came late.. fashionably!? Is it? Nah.. just simply late. Hehehe... I sat with my sis, her hubby and kids. Far far away from those annoying aunts and uncles. After eating the Nasi Minyak and some oranges, I told my sis that we've done our 30mins cameo and its time to go. The usual of every weddings, they gave out some useless dust-collecting tacky trinkets, this time its in the shape of a plastic swan filled with a boiled quail egg. What on earth should I do with this little swan? Sigh..

Don't you just hate attending weddings!?

biasalaa majlis perkahwinan pun saya tak suka gak emem cam tak seronok jah eheh!! :) happy new year for u hope u will doing well in 2006!!

Adi suka...

he he he suka makan nasi minyak

It is relate to the soalan cepu emas you hate most? For single, people will start asking when is your big day...and for newly married couple...bila nak tambah ahli keluarga...for me..."layan aje"...dah habis makan...calo...

I always refer school holidays to musim mengawan coz thats the only time when theres lots of wedding invitation..
kalo pegi pun..for sure wanna check out the pengantin..padan ke tak..kalo x padan..sure kena kutuk...hahaha.eventhough they're my friends or relatives..:P

Have no idea how I stumbled onto ur page...but gud stuff~~ weddings *sigh* I get dragged to 'em 2 n yeah the fake smiles and the rhetoric Q 'u bila lgie' is no surprise...
No fun, esp if u dun even know the bride n groom hahahaha...
but then I go newayz cuz when u think bout it, u'd like ppl 2 come 2 ur own wedding...even tho' u know that 3/4 of 'em come either for the free food or jz 2 check out the bride n groom padan ke tak hahaha...
sorry rambled on bit ;p

fake smiles, young and old fogies u swear u've never seen b4 askin rhetoric Qs like 'u ble lagie?', over-spiced food and weird, totally functionless souvenirs...
hate it or like it (I personally dun favor weddings dat much and constantly am dragged to 'em), I'd like ppl to come to my weddings even if they are there wit the fake smiles and 3/4 of 'em are all about the food n gossip ;p
nice blog~~

shoot me now...I repeated myself on ur page...kill me if I over-populated it. Thought dat the first comment didn't show...my laptop blinked as I published, hence the second comment...and I have noooo idea how to delete em...hahahaha...
ampun yeee

Madi

Senyap aje... mana pegi??
Selamat Hari Raya AidilAdha

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm AdamIsmadi
  • From KL, Malaysia
  • 3°10'30.83"N
  • 101°43'59.24"E
  • Just a non-complicated kinda guy trying to keep it simple but can be a bit of a control freak too at times. Sometimes just like things done my way and am not afraid to speak my mind. Also somewhat of a geek when comes to technical matters.
  • adamismadi(@)gmail(.)com
My complete profile