« Home | A Malaysian Soprano? » | Have u seen CROCS? » | Regular posting? » | Back with a vengence? » | Tickets to PGL The Musical? » | Anugerah Juara Lagu ke-20? » | And the winner is....? » | Stop, Ready, GO!!! » | Happy New Year 1427 Hijrah!!! » | Happy Chinese New Year! »

Artur Rubinstein?


****Taken from Wikipedia****
Arthur Rubinstein (January 28, 1887 – December 20, 1982) was a Polish pianist who is widely considered as one of the greatest piano virtuosos of the 20th Century. He received international acclaim for his performances of Chopin and Brahms and his championing of Spanish music.
****end****


Yesterday I pop by Shine's blog and apparently he is loking for the Ballade for piano No. 1 in G minor, Op. 23 by Chopin performed by Artur Rubinstein.

He is giving out some err... serious favours in exchange of lending him the CD. Go check out his latest entry.


Well Shine, good news! I have the file for u :-)
Follow the link below :

Artur Rubinstein - The Chopin Collection CD05 - 01. Ballade No. 1 in G Minor Op.23

*p/s: Shine u can hold on to the generous offer for now. Hahaha....

Thanks a lot mate!
The quality was not that good , skips a lot. but in general, his playing is slightly slower than others, but stunningly warm, very warm sounds.

Hehehehe, just got your comment in my blog. I don't normally put opera entry as I find many find it difficult to understand what I said ehehehehe, at least instrumental work is more approachable for them. And opera, u normally need to analyse it as a whole not but just a single act or aria.

Wait till you listen or watch Godowsky's Piano studies on Chopin's etude, it takes SIX hands hehehehehe.....

Yea, Marilyn Horne is a supreme mezzo (sometimes soprano) with such flexibility and Poncelle was good too. I was listening to some works of Birgit Nilsson, good god she was GREATGREATGREAT!

As for callas, either love her or hate :0P

Yea, I have seen Perlemuter's performance on Ondine, Le Gibet and Scarbo. That old fucker is really old, keeps grinding his dentures lol, kinda distracting.

Yup, he studied with Faure then later Ravel, also a great pedagogue too. His plays with such ease and control, at that age!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm AdamIsmadi
  • From KL, Malaysia
  • 3°10'30.83"N
  • 101°43'59.24"E
  • Just a non-complicated kinda guy trying to keep it simple but can be a bit of a control freak too at times. Sometimes just like things done my way and am not afraid to speak my mind. Also somewhat of a geek when comes to technical matters.
  • adamismadi(@)gmail(.)com
My complete profile