« Home | Regular posting? » | Back with a vengence? » | Tickets to PGL The Musical? » | Anugerah Juara Lagu ke-20? » | And the winner is....? » | Stop, Ready, GO!!! » | Happy New Year 1427 Hijrah!!! » | Happy Chinese New Year! » | Brokeback Mountain? » | Claustrophobic? »

Have u seen CROCS?

Hmm... last month i went down to Singapore for a 3d/2n holiday. Its the 'Great Singapore Sale' time of year. Personally i don't see any interesting bargain there... plus i am not the type that wears Zara, sports a LV sling 'man' bag and has an over-sized Prada/Gucci shades that is worn indoors! Please i do not hv anything against ppl who adores these, its just not me.

I was working SG for almost 2 years, and since i left Singapore in 2002 i've never been back. It has been 4 years plus. Things have changed a lot since my days there! I went to the night safari which i thought is fantastic! Albeit the admission ticket is pretty expensive. The esplanade aka 2 'durian' is great for a gentle evening stroll. U just can't beat the cool ocean breeze they have... since it is an island. Strangely enough Sentosa seems to be the same as i remembered, just that they have the fancy dinner in the cable car nowdays.

My favourite cafe, the Pacific Coffee in front of HMV in Citilink Mall is no longer there. I've spent hours there with bunch of friends lounging on the those ultra comfy plush red velvet sofa while doing a bit of people watching. I missed that cafe! its all different now. I dont think it is as cosy as used to be...

So as i was getting on and off the bus/lrt/mrt... i can't help but to wonder what kinda shoes/sandals i keep on seeing all over the place. it looks bulky, has holes on top of it with a single strap and come it every colour i could imagine! what are these shoes? whats so special about them?


Luckily my good SG friend has already bought a pair. He said it's CROCS! It is a very light, super-comfy, non-slip, will never stink, and the in-sole will mold itself to the shape of your foot/sole sandal. So after some hunting around i noticed royal sporting house have them. But the range of models they carry are very limited. I was determined to go to the main CROCS shop to see the whole range. The sales guy said there is only 1 CROCS shop in SG and it is in the Marina Square.

I tell u, it is a long walk from the City Hall MRT stop then right through Citilink mall to get to Marina Square. I forgot how ppl in SG would walk a few km everyday effortlessly! And since living in KL and driving a car, i'd say i walk less than 100m a day! Pathetic!

But the long walk paid off! They are having a sale for Citibank's credit card holder. 15% off if bought 3 or more pairs of CROCS! Yippy... i bought 2 pairs.
1 red/black athens slippers, 1 black with red strap off-road (new model) and a friend bought CROCS signature classic black beach closed-toe sandal with an extra lime-green strap.


I've just found out that apparently CROCS is also available here, but only the older models, they still don't have the OFF-ROAD. It is also much cheaper in SG, the athens for example is SG$45 after 15% off becomes SG$38.25 that is (x2.3) roughly RM88. The athens is sold here for RM129.90! That's a major rip-off!

I am now a happy owner of 2 CROCS! and i do plan to buy more... hehehe...

*visit their web site at http://www.crocs.com

hey,
its been a long time not to see u writing.

I have met pian last nite for the late supper.

move to maya yet?

i like the Athens design..even nike has the same design..
the off-road reminds me of spice girls platform shoes.lol :P

Hi!
I am currently in Pulau Penang, Malaysia and looking for CROCS! My traveling companion and I are specifically looking for the off road model that you mention. It seems from this entry that they are not avail in Malaysia yet, have you still found this to be true?

Also, do you have any info about the CROCS store in Singapore, specifically address and phone contact information so that we can ring them up to have them hold our sizes? We will be in Singapore in a little over a month and a half for all of about 24hrs. Or we, could try to get them mailed to us in Malaysia at a friends...

As you know, being without crocs is life without comfort!
Thanks SO much for this entry!
If you would, Please email me back at
bigmocha@hotmail.com
with CROCS in the subject line
Thanks so much,
Miel

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm AdamIsmadi
  • From KL, Malaysia
  • 3°10'30.83"N
  • 101°43'59.24"E
  • Just a non-complicated kinda guy trying to keep it simple but can be a bit of a control freak too at times. Sometimes just like things done my way and am not afraid to speak my mind. Also somewhat of a geek when comes to technical matters.
  • adamismadi(@)gmail(.)com
My complete profile