« Home | True Fitness? » | Proton should perish? » | My Hump? » | All hung up on Hung UP? » | Cycles ahoy? » | Panthers on the prowl? » | Lessons on Economy? » | Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire? » | Feeling crappy?! » | Just Like Heaven? »

Gentle Yoga?


check out his legs I don't think he did Lotus Pose (Padmasana) correctly!
am i supposed to be the expert now?! hum with me... hummmmmm....


As usual I kept to my weights and cardio plan eventhough I've moved into this new hip gym, I was still sticking to my old workout routines, very traditional, very Clark Hatch, I think. Had never join any of the classes in the gym, until last night. I decided after a few months, I at least need to try the classes they offer. I went straight to Yoga because somehow it seemed exotic. Of all the weird named Yoga classes, such as Astanga Yoga, Hatha Yoga, a Gentle Yoga class is gonna start in like 15mins, right after I finished with my cardio jog+cycle. Perfect... my first taste of Yoga, eh?

Easy... low impact, soft gentle movements, no weights, no stress... So I thought Yoga is a breeze and this Gentle Yoga class will eventually make me sleep of that so called 'relaxed and calmed' after effects most people talked about. Went into the class right on time. Everyone is on their mat and the instructor begin the class.

At first inhale and exhale. Damn! This is child's play... very relaxing though. So perhaps this is what Yoga is all about. After about 2 or 3 basic easy poses, he starts with some hard core shit! Oh my gawd, I did not sign up for this!? Is he (the instructor) trying to tie my legs together into a knot?! I know he can definitely do it with ease! My whole body aches and struggle to even keep breathing! Damn this is so freaking difficult and they called this the Gentle Yoga?! Aiyoo...

I felt as if I wanted to storm out of the class, nah too much drama for my taste. This is just way too much for me, still I tried my best to keep my cool and try to imitate the instructor's pose the best I could. If the instructor asked to lift my legs at 30 degrees angle of the mat, I could only keep that post for like half a second. So I lift my legs like 80 degrees and hold them with my hand! Hehehe.. Told u that I'd tried my best!

The class was not only taxing to me, one caucasian lady in front of me accidently passed wind, while attempting one of the pose! Hehe.. again tried to keep my cool, though I wanted to roll all over the floor laughing. My first attempt doing this Yoga thingie... I did well I think, me still quite flexible, though my shoulder was pretty stiff in the beginning after 2 sets of pull downs. I know now that Yoga is no child's play, it is hard work man, damn tough! I slept like a baby last night and felt I might try to join in the class again this week but definitely not tonight.

do keep ur cool dude.. tak baik gelakkan org :)

I registered for Aikido 2 years ago..
i blamed it on my housemates..hehe
after first lesson..i was like..
"what have i got myseLf into"..hehe
so i quit after that..my money..burn..

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm AdamIsmadi
  • From KL, Malaysia
  • 3°10'30.83"N
  • 101°43'59.24"E
  • Just a non-complicated kinda guy trying to keep it simple but can be a bit of a control freak too at times. Sometimes just like things done my way and am not afraid to speak my mind. Also somewhat of a geek when comes to technical matters.
  • adamismadi(@)gmail(.)com
My complete profile